Friday, 11 March 2011

Outdoor Play



We found this big silver bowl in one of the vegetable gadens here, yesterday, looking rather unloved, so we thought we'd clean it up and put it too good use...
I went indoors to prepare lunch while they were happily occupied  and when I peeped out to see how they were getting on, I discovered that they were now engrossed in 'making prehistoric tools and spears'  Mia was using a very sharp weeder.   Next time I looked out, I noticed how spear shaped Mia's ieice of wood was looking, it was then that I realised it was actually a piece of the cricket set Ash bought them a while back in a charity shop.

Willow usually spends some time each day making little houses for wooden figures.
After the prehistoric tool making it was time for some adding glitter and paint to a bowl of water play...

Glitter Soup, Tarka was very pleased with his finished potion.

4 comments:

  1. We had a selection of sticks whittled down to spears last year, one day I walked out the house, and someone had arranged them to look as if we were in some medieval battle, with spears as a last line of defence!!

    Looks like a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful day! I love the big silver bowl and the potion and the cricket set (oops!) spear. We've spent most of the last couple of days outside and it's so good to know that spring is really on the way.

    Much love and best wishes to you. Your children are so blessed to have such a thoughtful mother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Claire, that is funny!

    Thank you for your lovely comment Sunnymama :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That silver bowl looks like it could have a multitude of uses and how wonderfully Mia, Tarka and Willow have put it to use. My boys would have loved to join in with their play! Yes, I hear you on learning freely. Being inspired by this thinking and that thinking is useful, but to follow our children's inspiration is what really counts. My boys watched 'How to tame a dragon' and how they loved it so! They love all things dragon.

    ReplyDelete