Friday, 10 December 2010

Frosty Friday

Painting at 6am.

 Mia made a pape chain without any help a she remembered doing them at Christmas time last year
.
 This afternoon Mia and Willow went outside to do what they called 'Ice bashing with different tools.


 Even  Tarka. who is ill, ventured out in his PJ's and bodywarmer when he heard the words ice and tools mentioned.
 The woodpecker visited again today. 





10 comments:

  1. Gina, I know that olive oil, tea tree oil and myrrh are very good for treating impetigo. Sending lots of healing vibes to your poorly family, hope everyone soon feels better.
    Blessings and love sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gina,
    wishing you all better very soon. Love the ice bashing! The only reason Nico will go outside in this cold weather at the moment is to bash ice and bring clumps in to watch it melt on the wood stove! "Oh - a great experiment" I first thought - but now I'm not so sure it's good for the wood stove! :)
    It is SO, so great to be seeing your photos again, I have missed this!
    Much love to you all. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh forgot to add that I believe garlic oil is good for an ear infection too.
    sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't look like the thaw has set in where you are, brrr!

    Impetigo is very infectious (as I'm sure you are aware) so make sure Mia has her own face cloth and towels.

    Also with ear infections, try raising Tarka's head when he is sleeping. The eustacuian (sp?) tubes can sometimes run a little too horizontal to drain the ear properly, so raising the head when sleeping can let gravity help a little.

    Hope you are all quickly on the mend.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your words are always such an encouragement to me, to be mindful of how I parent, to truly think about how I use the resources available to me... in essence to be a good steward of God's great Earth. So be of good courage!

    Will pray that you will all soon be on the mend, it cannot be easy doing what you do with sickness lurking.

    I know for sure I would struggle to live in a yurt, but boy I envy you with the reduced housekeeping! I know when we use our caravan, the whole place is sorted in less than half an hour. Looking after a house is like painting the Forth bridge, no sooner do you get it done, your back at it again!!

    Advent Blessings to you all
    San and co xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only very recently found your lovely blog, but I love reading it. I love Yurts and do envy your cosy little home, it looks so homely! Having just come out of a long period of children being ill you have my sympathy, I hate it when the children are down. I do agree on the diet thing too, I find if we neglect our diet we all feel the worse for it, but organic is expensive, and I did find it hard to maintain during my hubbies stretch of unemployment. I also just wanted to say although I understand your deleting the post and although I didn't read it, I do feel if you can't express your own feelings and opinions on your own blog, where can you express them.
    Hoping you all get better soon, blessings, Liz
    P.S you have very beautiful children!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Gina,

    Manuka honey might help. I'd give it to all orally, but you can also put it directly on the impertigo. Both mine have had impertigo. The remedy sulphur was also helpful. You could also try bathing it in breastmilk (it's not too often I say that to anyone lol). Hot lemon and manuka honey tea would help Ash. I'm sure you know how to make this, but just in case. Squeeze one lemon and add a good dollop of honey in a mug of hot water. Onion oil is good for ear ache. I know there are different ways of doing this. My friends dices up an onion and warms it gently in a pan until it produces an oil. Once this has cooled you can put a few drops into Tarka's ear. Mine haven't had earache so I've never tried it, but she swears by it. Hope this helps. Love, Emma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you all are feeling better soon.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear Mia, Tarka & Ash are unwell. Sending you all get well vibes!
    Hope to email you later :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you, hope they're all better soon
    Lots of love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete