Monday, 11 April 2011

Exciting discoveries.

Yesterday we made two  exciting finds. 
 An adder amongst the dead leaves and brambles, the first one any o.f us has ever seen.  
 And a  slow worm hurrying away behind our neighbours yurt.  Slow worms are a legless lizard rather than a snake or worm and he slithered away from us quickly, they seem to be very shy.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I have never been fortunate enough to see either of those. But to see them, and get pictures, that's something special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I have never seen a snake in the wild, neither here in Portugal or elsewhere :( Used to spend a long time looking though. Lucky you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I have never seen an adder, they are beautiful :) We get lots of slow worms in our garden though, they are lovely creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, an adder, what distinctive markings it has, I've never seen an adder, but we do get slow worms in our garden,

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful adder. Sol very much likes your discoveries! He says he wished he had been there, he loves slow worms. Occasionally we have come across them but not an adder. Just wonderful! Back in Zim, snakes were so commonplace. We even had a python who lived under our bath, he had nestled in there through some sort of hole under the house. When we ran the bath we could hear its delight at the warmth, happy hissing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that snake! Wonderful discoveries!

    ReplyDelete