Last night Ash came indoors, cradling something in his hands. He'd found a glow worm, the first one any of us had ever seen. We looked up some infrmation about them. Only the female glows, we found a common female - lampyrs noctiluca .
As Tarka and Willow were asleep and only got to see the photograph, we are going searching for glow worms again this evening.
Oh that's so cool - i've never seen one before either! Did you spot anymore this evening?
ReplyDeleteWOW so exciting! I've never seen one before either. I hope you get to see lots more. :)
ReplyDeletehow lucky are you guys! I remember seeing loads of these when I was in Africa but never seen any here x
ReplyDeleteOh, how lucky you guys are. What a find!! I remember seeing lots of these years back and fireflies too. Would love for my boys to see them. You get to find all sorts of great little creatures in your area. Love to you, my friend. Time is flying by right now. Wish it would slow down a bit. Thinking of you often.
ReplyDeleteLove Kelly
Wow! We have never seen one either. So exciting!
ReplyDelete