Tuesday, 18 January 2011
Mia and Tarka have also spent much of this rainy week listening, with rapt attention, to The Famous Five audio stories.
Mia is really beginning to recognise numbers and letters this month, she coloured in a 'colour by numbers picture' perfectly which took me by surpise.
Every walk in the woods reveals yet more unusual fungi.
Apricot Fungus - above
Shaggy Ink Cap
Below - Common Ink Cap
Tarka with a painted cat face.
I am still reminding myself that here and now is where life is, reminding myself to breathe and find joy in the present moment. Last night I read this beautiful passage in Byron Katie's book A Thousand Names for Joy:
The apparent craziness of the world, like everything else is gift that we can use to set our minds free .Until you can love what is...you're separate from the world...You may find that you don't need to navigate a future at all-that what appears now is all you've got and even this is always immediately gone...That state of constant change is creation without limits, efficient free, and beautiful beyond description.
Byron Katie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think it's time for me to read Byron Katie again. Right now I'm reading A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle again.
ReplyDeleteWe read some of the Famous Five books with Rainer years back and really enjoyed them. I wonder if he remembers and would like to read them again.
Love and light.
I cannot wait to read Roald Dahl to the little ones (or listen with them!) I still have my childhood books saved for them :) xx
ReplyDelete:) Lovely!
ReplyDeleteDear Gina
ReplyDeleteI will send you a longer email tonight. Catching a quick moment just to say that my boys love the Famous Five very much. Spelt pancakes and popcorn..mmm..very tasty. Wonderful times you are all having. Really, it does feel like spring is nearly here. Incredible picutres of mushrooms/fungi.. Will write more later.
Love
Kelly
We have just finished Danny the Champion of the world. We would all gather round the fire and listen to another chapter each night, lovely xx
ReplyDeleteOh, goodness, I love those mushrooms.
ReplyDelete