Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Willow and Ash chopping wood.





8 comments:

  1. Great gifts! We got extremely lucky the other day at the thrift store, too. Several books, including science, math, The Little Prince and more (at half price!) and several pairs of pants for the boys. We are going through our woodshed quickly. Thankfully, we have a huge stash my hubby started in the summer. Warm wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww how marvelous, so lovely to be loved near and far :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The felt Angel is just lovely! Hope you are keeping well and warm!

    Big Hugs
    San xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many New Year blessings there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you liked the needle felted angel :) I just read and then passed on the Gerald Durrell book! It is so good, I laughed out loud (or tried not to as I read in bed and didn't want to wake my dd) at some bits. Just bought his other 'Corfu' books in a trilogy so am looking forward to reading them and seeing if they live up to My family and other Animals. I just adore the way the mother is so calm when faced with crisis after crisis and takes on board her family's whims and views. I watched the film (BBC maybe?) a couple of years ago and it was very very well done, but not that suited to children. Am going to look for it on iplayer... :)

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to receive such wonderful caring thoughts and gifts. We've been meaning to read the Gerald Durrell book - you've reminded me about it. Just the sort my boys would love. Yes, you definitely need lots and lots of wood. We collected so much wood from the woodland floor in the autumn. Almost all gone already. Nothing nicer than cosying up and reading and playing around a woodburner..and a woodcutter is a definite must-have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have just installed an open fire and it is amazing me how much wood we get through! I think the love of chopping must be a man thing...hunter, gatherer and all that! x

    ReplyDelete