Sunday, 6 February 2011

So many grey rainy days this week.  Muddy wellies seem to be a permanent addition to the fireplace and goodness does heavy rain sound dramatic on the canvas roof of a yurt.   The wind has been so strong and stormy this week too, really strong gales make the canvas flap crazily and so loudly above us, it's an awesome sound and yesterday Tarka asked if there was a huge jellyfish flapping around on the roof.

  Another library trip means that this week we have listened to audio stories of, Black Beauty, Little Women, Tales by Beatrix Potter and yet more dashing adventures of The Secret Seven. Willow must be listening more closely to the Secret Seven stories than I sometimes think, as this mornning she said' I'm just off to look in the mirror, chaps' 




9 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Lovely to read your words!
    Haaa, I'm thinking about you, I'm thinking about you all!
    Lots of love your way,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, those cookies sound delicious will have too make some today! Can vouch for the smoothie too. Almond milk, blueberries and banana is a definite favourite here too. Blessings Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love listening to audiobooks, it really does stimulate the imagination. Radio 7 have so many stories for young and old on iplayer we are spoilt for choice. I do love the language in secret seven, I reread some when we were away last autumn as they were all that was there and I remmebered how much I loved them as a child. I have been thinking about you in this wind the past few days, it really has been blowing a gale, it must be a spectacular sound out there in the woods. A bit like when I was a child in my many dens, curled up with a good book and the wind for company!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL lol I also have to remember lots of doggy names, I love how indignantly they defend their characters' reality!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the kids' play sounds brilliant! Rebe's character of choice at the moment is pretty much anything that hatches out of an egg, this of course can be anything lol! Like you I spend way too much on books, it's my little luxury in life :-) hugs Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sound of the recent winds must have been incredible. How good to live so close to the elements. Lovely to read all your words and about the children's happy play. Have a good, peaceful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found you Gina! I love your post, such a snap shot of yurt life- I remember saying similar things to my girls when we lived in our caravan.
    What do you use to wash the clothes in? Or do you wash by hand?
    Our first purchase from Myriad, was a rainbow stack too, there is something so magical about it, that even my 5 year old still plays with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jo,
    We are very lucky to be able to use the laundry room at the eco-hostel on site here. I think it would be impossible to wash the amount of clothes we seem to get through by hand!

    Love Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog. Thanks for the recipe on the cookies. I will try some tomorrow. I am only just starting to think about adding more raw food to our diet so thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete